Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Moles!

The last few days I have been fighting with a mole.

Mole tunnel. Kinda hard to see, but it goes from the stake in the
upper left to the lower right (then further on into the yard - grr!)

This has been the battle sequence:

  1. Mole digs tunnels in the yard
  2. Later on Peter sees the tunnels in the yard, gets very angry, and stomps them down
The next day it begins back at #1. This has been going on for the last several days; I'm sure we're both getting tired of it. In years past, we've had moles and I've witnessed the damage they can do to a yard. So far, it's not too big of a deal because there is hardly any grass back there, but once the new seeds start growing it's going to get personal. I'll be researching battle techniques and formulating my plan of attack.

In other news, it looks like the Cooper's hawks are here to stay (there are two). They have been working  on their nest and it's getting bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment