Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Grass update

We'll start with the backyard. The grass is growing, but still very slowly and very thin. Fine fescue is so fine. It's hard to see that ever filling in, but we'll see. Here's some shots (there's not a whole lot to see):

Still thin and patchy, but you can see the fine fescue more clearly now.

This area (NW) seems to be getting more green. It used to be mostly dirt.

Now on to the front yard... With each mowing I am more and more impressed with how well the new grass has been filling in. I'm very excited about it. More and more areas are looking really nice and the patchiness continues to diminish, as well as the weeds. There's still the very contrasty tall fescue, but hopefully that will start to die off soon. To my eyes it seems lighter in color so I wonder if it's on it's way to turning yellow/brown (i.e. dying). I'm really excited to see that grass go.

Here's a few shots of the front yard after a fresh cut:

Still thin near the driveway, but slowly getting thicker.

Next to the road still needs some work, but other than that it's looking great.

The contrasting colors is so obvious...
 
One of my favorite spots. Very thick turf. I could use that as a pillow.
  
New grass next to the side walk by the road - getting very thick! Mmm!

I'll end with a couple of shots of a tulip that happened to come up and bloom this year under the oak tree.

Pretty color.

Looking straight down (if you look closely,
you can see a tiny spider on the right side).

No comments:

Post a Comment