Sunday, April 24, 2011

Grass transplanting

When I did the front yard grass project last year I noticed that some grass had started growing in the flower beds from seeds that had landed there. I decided to leave it and allow it to grow and eventually transplant to any bare patches.

Well, it was growing very well and starting to not look very good because I couldn't mow it, so I decided to try and transplant some of it.

Most of it I moved to down by the road where there were some very bare spots where the seed didn't grow for some reason.

Grass transplanted to near the road.

I transplanted some to next to the driveway where another patch was that seems be a little lower than the surrounding ground that pools water when it rains. I tried to build it up a bit so it wouldn't do that, and also so there'd be grass there.

Grass transplanted to next to the driveway.
There are quite a few more patches left, and a little bit more grass that I can transplant. I left some that is growing in the flowerbed under the oak tree. It'll be more difficult to get that out since the daffodils are intermixed, so I saved that for another day.

Hopefully it takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment