Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tall fescue, rose bush, & daisy kit updates

Quite a few updates today:

First of all, thanks to my wife for the guest post. I look forward to following her vegetable project! Also, just to make it very clear: I'm no plant whisperer! I have quite the knack for killing plants, which is why I think this tall fescue extermination project has a very high probability of success!

That said, I think the tall fescue is starting to succumb to the herbicide. My observations are that the grass has gotten even lighter in color (almost yellow), is not growing nearly as quickly as it used to, and when I look closely there are even some completely brown/dead blades. This about right on schedule according to the instructions. Here's a few shots:

Dying Tall fescue about 2 weeks after Certainty herbicide application.

Note the many dead blades.
Needless to say I'm very excited.

In other exciting news, our new rose bush is beginning to grow leaves! Here's a few shots of that:



I haven't had to water it yet since we have had a steady amount of rain lately.

And finally, an update on the daisy grow kit planted back on March 22nd: they're still growing! I gave it some fertilizer a few days ago according to the instructions (once they reach 2-3 inches). I'd guess they're up to 3-4 inches now:

Daisies after 6 weeks.
And finally (for real), so far it appears that no other plants have been infected by the fungus (or whatever it is) and the phlox doesn't appear to have any new spots on its remaining leaves, thankfully.

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment