Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Potted vegetables: a guest post!

P invited me to share my recent plantings with you, but first I have to warn you: compared to me, P is like the dog whisperer to plants. I am just about the worst plant caretaker (I don't even deserve the title "gardener") alive. Don't get me wrong, I love plants. I want to be surrounded by plants, always. I work in a room with no windows, but I brought in several plants that could thrive under florescent lights so I could have some green nearby (I won't lie: not all of those plants are first-generation...some regrettably passed away). And yet I don't seem to be able to keep plants alive for the life of me. In high school, I even killed a cactus (or two). I tell you this because this might be my only guest post here; my sweet potted veggies might not live. They might not even poke up through the soil, knowing their inevitable fate. But here they are, sugar peas (top) and mixed salad lettuce (bottom): 



I've already made mistakes. I probably planted the seeds way too close together, and I should have planted both veggies in early spring, which was technically several weeks ago. Oh well. Back to you, P!

No comments:

Post a Comment