Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tall fescue survives

I'm not surprised in the least as it seems that tall fescue can survive anything - drought, shade, over-fertilization, under-fertilization, and I suppose you can add Certainty herbicide to the list - to an extent. In the past week or so I have noticed the effects of the herbicide have subsided with the Kentucky bluegrass and unfortunately now also with some more patches of tall fescue - doing what it does best: growing faster than the Kentucky bluegrass and looking ugly. Here's a shot I took yesterday:

Tall fescue survives Certainty application #1.
Circled in yellow are few of the tall fescue plants that have survived; in red is the area of higher concentration that is still not growing at all.

Despite the survival of some, the majority of the plants have either died or haven't been growing and as a result the lawn is looking much better overall.

I'm planning on making the second application in the next couple of days weather permitting. I wouldn't be surprised if I need a third application, so good thing I have enough of it for over 25 applications...

No comments:

Post a Comment