Monday, September 9, 2013

Germination!

It's always with such great joy that I anticipate and finally get to see those little tiny grasslings making their entrance into the world - it's truly amazing!



Looks like I put a bit too much seed here :)
Coming up amidst what's left of the creeping bentgrass.
I planted on 9/2 and I actually saw a few seeds that had germinated yesterday, so that is only 6 days!

It probably helps that I've been watering. My schedule has been 3 times a day for 5 minutes each time (at 7am, 11:30am, and 3pm). This has probably been a bit too much for some areas of the lawn, and I think I'll cut back on it soon, perhaps down to 3-4 minutes each time, and/or down to twice day, especially as the days get cooler.

This makes for my 5th grass seed planting project since 2010 (fall 2010, fall 2011, spring 2012, fall 2012) - a very small project compared to some of those. You might think I have some sort of addition... but really I just don't have a clue what I'm doing. It's fun trying to learn, though (most of the time).

1 comment:

  1. I'm anxious to find out how the bentgrass areas work out this season for you. When the grasses fill in the Tenacity spots, any sign of bentgrass?

    ReplyDelete