Thursday, August 11, 2011

Seed is here

The seed for this years grass project has finally arrived. I placed an order from SeedSuperStore.com on August 3rd, so it took about a week to get here (they didn't ship it until the 9th, so they must be busy).

For the front yard I ordered a 5lbs bag their SS1000 Kentucky bluegrass mix which is an equal blend of Bewitched, Midnight, and Award Kentucky bluegrass varieties:

SeedSuperStrore.com SS1000 Kentucky bluegrass mix.

And for the backyard... in line with my crazy, experimental side, I opted for a 2 lb bag of Supina bluegrass:

SeedSuperStore.com Supina bluegrass

I considered buying this earlier this spring, but I'm glad I didn't since that project was a flop (my own fault). This time, I plan to do it more properly. I'll be interested to see what it's like. This type of grass is supposed to be shade tolerant as well as traffic tolerant (and with a dog that can be a useful trait) and is highly aggressive. If what I've read is true, this grass will eventually take over the other grasses in the yard (which is fine by me assuming it's pleasant grass). I've also read that it's more water needy and won't do well in dry conditions without irrigation. Sounds like a fun experiment to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment