Friday, March 18, 2011

A Little Background

First off, I am making this blog for myself to help me document and remember things I've done and things I've learned so I don't forget. But if anyone happens to stumble here some how, feel free to listen in and if you have something to add, don't hesitate.

In this blog, I'll add information about my plans, what I've done prior to starting this blog, what I do with my yard and gardens, and how things turn out. As well as, of course, the things I learn along the way.

I live on a 1/4 acre lot in central Indiana. My wife and I have lived here since 2009. When we moved in, we could tell that the previous owners - at one point - put a lot of time and effort into the yard and gardens. I say at one point because it appears that it hasn't been as cared for in more recent years. Many bushes and shrubs are overgrown and the grass was looking thin in many places. We later found out that this was because they rented the house to someone who didn't put as much effort into it. Since we moved in I haven't done a whole lot with it, but I plan to over the years. I'll document some of the things I have done in coming posts. This is the first home that we have ever owned.

I have about no experience with lawn care or gardening. I have only in the last few years started caring for a few indoor plants and lets just say, rest in peace - many, many plants. I have slowly and gradually learned how to tend to our indoor plants and my track record is getting much better! I have heard that outdoor plants are easier - I guess I'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment