Saturday, March 19, 2011

2009

I haven't done much since we moved in. I really only trimmed the bushes up as best I could until the fall of 2009 when I won a silent auction for about $200 worth of plants and some manual labor. This was the first semi-major work done, granted I didn't do any of it. First of all, we had the extremely large and overgrown burning bush removed and replaced with a much smaller Kyushu Hydrangea Tree. In addition, we had the two "prickly bushes" (maybe Barberry?) on both sides of the garage replaced with two rose bushes (forget what type). Other than that, we had some other flowering plants planted in other parts of the yard. In the backyard along the deck, we had some Lily Turf (I think) planted. In the front yard, we had a handful of different varieties - all perennials, but I didn't pay close enough attention at the time to remember what they were. I'll have to figure them out some day. However, some of them didn't make it the next year, probably due to my lack of properly caring for them. It also could have been the soil they were planted in as I noticed when later replanting in 2010 that roughly 4-6 inches below the soil is clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment