Saturday, November 26, 2011

Last fertilization of 2011

I got a little eager for winter this fall and forgot (i.e. got lazy and let time slip by) to fertilize according to schedule. Following the guide, I should have fertilized the newly seeded areas about 8-10 weeks after germination which would have been around early November - whoops, here it is 3 weeks later. I fertilized the whole lawn with 1.5 lbs. N/1000 sq. ft. after the last mowing of the season (which is the appropriate time if I hadn't seeded) using the same fertilizer I used in the previous fertilization. I also decided to fertilize the backyard with .75 lbs. N/1000 sq. ft. which I hadn't fertilized at all since germination. Sorry, no pictures (wish I had taken some!).

(Note: this is a back-post, posted on 2/26/12, details subject to error)

No comments:

Post a Comment