Monday, June 27, 2011

Trying insecticidal soap

This is now my third try at getting rid of the bristly rose slugs and I had hoped that it wouldn't come to this as I generally don't like using insecticide if I don't have to. But, yeah, I had to - they just annoy me that much. I went out and purchased some that said that it will kill rose slugs (sawfly larva) and ended up buying this:

Garden Safe Insecticidal Soap
Yesterday I sprayed it over all of the leaves (tops and bottom). I found some slugs on it and made sure that the product was working - it seemed to. However, today I still found more... go figure. I don't have a plan D, so I'm really hoping that this works. I think it will.

The knockout rose bushes look to be growing some new branches, so soon there'll be some fresh new unchewed leaves. The hybrid tea is done blooming and will hopefully soon do the same as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment