Monday, July 4, 2011

It begins

This weekend I started work on redoing the landscaping in the front yard after getting two designs (well, really just one with a second opinion). I started with what I was most confident in: the hydrangeas. I began by ripping up the existing bushes, then went shopping for 3 more "Endless Summer" Hydrangea plants. I ended up buying them from Home Depot instead of a local nursery to save money - they were 3 times as much at the nursery (granted they were larger, but still) - I hope I don't regret that. The only problem was that they didn't have any blue-colored ones for some reason, but I bought them anyway knowing that the colors are dependent on the acidity of the soil and can always be adjusted (in theory). This is how it ended up:

Newly planted hydrangeas.


I also purchased some bags of peat humus and top soil to plant them with:

Peat Humus and Top Soil
I think they look pretty good and will look even better once they grow larger, I hope.

I think next I'll remove the overgrown bushes in front of the window and plant holly bushes. I think....

No comments:

Post a Comment